If you’re considering a professional massage and haven’t done it before, you may need to ask several questions before booking your appointment. Massages are meant to be relaxing and close to meditative in feeling. If you’re self-conscious with the opposite gender, you could request an interview with a seasoned masseuse or masseur of the same gender. Things to confirm before you book a time are the reputation of the spa, therapies used, oils/ creams used, the experience of the practitioner,
If you’re considering a professional massage and haven’t done it before, you may need to ask several questions before booking your appointment. Massages are meant to be relaxing and close to meditative in feeling. If you’re self-conscious with the opposite gender, you could request an interview with a seasoned masseuse or masseur of the same gender. Things to confirm before you book a time are the reputation of the spa, therapies used, oils/ creams used, the experience of the practitioner, and safety of clients.
Only book an appointment if these criteria are fulfilled to your satisfaction.
If you want, go for a face-to-face consultation before you finalise the time and place. Ask yourself what type of massage you would like, explain any medical or allergic conditions you might have, and consider the treatments that you would want to avail. Many spas also offer teas and other rejuvenating drinks after your massage. Ask about these in advance and how much these beverages cost (if at all).
Now that you have a basic understanding of how to book your appointment and questions to ask, let us look at some of the best massage styles around the globe.
The Shiatsu style of massage originated in Japan and has quickly acquired international fame. It is a stimulating massage that concentrates on touch and pressure to specific points on the body. Shiatsu practitioners apply pressure through fingertips and fingers, palms, and thumbs for additional reliefs. Shiatsu depends wholly on acupressure/pressure points on the body that helps in holistic and physical healing. Pressure is applied directly to pressure points to bring about immediate relaxation.
Some techniques in shiatsu apart from touch and pressure are rolling, stretching, vibrating, brushing, gripping and grasping, and additional force by the soles of the feet.
Almost all forms of massage indulge in aromatherapy for clients. It is a delightful form of massage and enhances the senses. For aromatherapy massages, practitioners like Camille from www.thefloatspa.co.uk use essential oils to increase the effectiveness of the massage. Essential oils speed-up and improve the healing properties of the aromatherapy massage. Correction of emotions is possible with the use of these oils as well as fatigue, stress, mood enhancement, and anxiety.
Some of the scents used are lavender, olive oil, mandarin, eucalyptus, and so on. These oils can be rejuvenating, energising, stress-reducing, calming, and relaxing. Select an oil and massage type that suits your requirements for best results.
This type of massage is the most popular one in the world. Almost all professionals use this form of massage to bring relief and relaxation to clients. Swedish massages concentrate only on relaxing the body and are great after a stressful day at work or after the gym. The muscles are relaxed and massaged to bring pain relief. Some of the techniques employed in Swedish massages are gentle stretching, muscular lifts, stroking, taps, and choppy hand motions.
This massage is excellent for the upper or top layers of muscles, notes Dave from future-focus.eu. The Swedish massage is known to decrease stress and tension in tissues, soothe migraine headaches, ease the muscular pain in the lower back, nape, neck, shoulder, and back region.
As the name suggests, stone massages are done using river-smoothed stones that are heavy enough to apply pressure on the body. The rocks are heated and then cooled to specific temperatures, then placed directly onto the pressure points of the body. The stones can also be applied using stroking movements when covered in oil. It is believed that the rocks administer heat and help the body concentrate on the muscles that need healing. It’s much better than the massages you get from a recliner chair so give it a go.
Stone massages with body stones can be used with oil, directly on the body, or on clothes that clients are wearing.
Thai massages originated in India and are believed to be almost 2500 years old! As the technique and popularity of the massages increased over centuries, the Thai people adopted the practice learned from the Indians and merged the methods with yoga and Ayurveda to bring about complete healing.
Therapists of Thai massages use their hands, knees, feet, and legs to twist clients into relaxing yoga-like poses (asanas) that help bring about relaxation and pain relief. Deep but gentle pressure is applied with the help of essential and non-essential oils that relieves stress and tension throughout the body and brings about intense relief. Some of the benefits of Thai massages are better flexibility and increased blood circulation. Other advantages include sporadic boosts in energy and feeling rejuvenated and energised.
The trends for weddings have changed dramatically in the past two decades. Where earlier couples would prefer getting married in the hometowns, couples now opt for destination weddings in exotic locations. The intrigue and novelty of getting married in a different location appeal to almost one-third of the people getting hitched nowadays. With couples getting engaged virtually daily, and then wanting to get hitched before having their first child, perhaps with the help of the guys over at https://www.fertilityplus.org.uk/, it has now certainly become the ‘in’ thing to plan a wedding abroad.
Getting married in a foreign country comes with so many benefits, such as amazing weather, better value for money, different cultures for food and clothing, and even the amazing scenery and wedding lighitng providing the backdrop for your special day.
Many brides prefer planning weddings where they will be assisted by their friends, family members, and loved ones. However, brides and grooms who choose destination weddings abroad prefer employing professionals to run the show. Many couples select vacation spots that they have visited earlier or places they have always dreamed of visiting. Through their wedding, these betrothed couples seek an adventure with their loved ones from both sides.
With the help of Katie from Orla James, an online wedding jewellery retailer, we’ve identified some of the best places to get married abroad.
Mexico has been a hot favourite of many couples in the past ten years. Culturally diverse, Mexico has good relations with its neighbouring nations and promotes tourism. Languages like Spanish and English are locally spoken, and most natives speak both languages fluently. With more than 6000 miles of exquisite coastline, the beaches of the Mexican Gulf and the Caribbean Sea in the east and the Pacific Ocean to the west offer virginal views of the horizon.
The food is exceptionally delicious, the people warm and welcoming, and the wedding industry thriving. You can easily book an entire resort for half the cost at your hometown and employ the services of wedding planners, caterers, and decorators to help with the planning and execution of your wedding.
Liam from millenio.co.uk agreed “Mexico is definitely one of my favourite places that i’ve visited, would definitely recommend!”
One of the most exotic tropical locations in the world, Kauai in Hawaii should be on your wish list. Lovingly called the Garden Island, Kauai is the northernmost of the Hawaiian islands. Smaller than the other islands, Kauai has a more homely feel than other larges islands and has an abundance of untouched beauty to add to your wedding photographs. With a chilled-out vibe and beautiful beaches, Kauai has many beach resorts where you can host your entire wedding party and celebrations. A quick tour of the resort will enable you to consider food, decoration, theme, and music options. You can also opt for in-house wedding coordinators and local caterers to help bring the look and feel of Hawaii to your wedding. Beach weddings with spectacular views are always a given in Kauai.
For romantic couples who long for a feeling of history, Italy is the ideal wedding destination spot. The Isle of Capri, Lake Como, Florence, Rome, and Venice offer exquisite views for weddings. The ruins of the Colosseum and Patheon in Rome, Uffizi Gallery in Florence (adorned with works of Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, Raffaello, and Botticelli), and a gondola wedding in Venice are sure to bring out the romance in your loved ones.
Wedding coordinators in Italy help arrange church weddings with priests, officiants, and blessings in almost all venues. Acquire the support of local vendors to turn your wedding into an authentic Italian experience for your friends and loved ones.
Ireland is more than just Guinness and Whiskey. It is also breathtakingly gorgeous. Couples with Irish blood on either side can depend on their homeland to welcome them with open arms. Irish customs and traditions are age-old and add significant meaning to people wishing to incorporate some Irish history to their weddings. The betrothed couple can select dozens of beautiful wedding venues including 13th-century castles, hilltop resorts, and countryside inns. Extremely lively and warm, the people of Ireland treat visitors with respect and love.
You can select from the available wedding planners employed with the venue of your choice and can also adopt Irish customs to give your wedding a memorable turn of events.
Couples looking for an exotic oriental vibe can turn to Phuket in Thailand for their upcoming nuptials. It might be far to travel, and tickets might be costly, but if booked in advance, the trip is worth it. When in Thailand, opt for church weddings or traditional Thai Buddhist ceremonies that involve water chants while blessing the wedded couple. Thai music and dancing, food, and people add to the inherent beauty of the diverse landscapes. Adventure seekers and food-lovers amongst your wedding party will also love your destination since Thailand is known for its thrilling sports and plethora of local food and diverse cuisines.
People have been traveling to places long before any of us were born. The most celebrated minds in history have also visited abroad for some reason or the other; knowledge, curiosity, trade, and more. All these explorers relied on some form of packing structure. Travellers still look for comfort, utility, maximisation of space, and lightweight travel bags.
Today, we have to worry about electronics and technological items according to weather and climate. High-quality cameras, mobiles, tablets, laptops, and hand-held devices are as important as packing dry and clean clothes. Many of the things people still carry today are very familiar to grandparents, parents, and earlier generations of travellers before us. If you ask your grandmother for a tip or two about travel essentials and how to pack light, you would be surprised by the tips and tricks you get!
We have made up a list of the travel essentials we feel everyone requires based on the bags that you need. This list should help you organise easily and carry all the essentials. Don’t try and take anything too big, no your inflatable hot tub can’t come with you.
Always select luggage that is lightweight, durable, and versatile. Avoid main luggage bags that look like they might damage too quickly or where you might be stranded with a broken zipper, broken handle or strap, and a missing wheel. Pack all your heavy and bulky things into your main luggage. All your clothes, heavy toiletries, hiking shoes, boots, large books, stationery, and so on. The trick is to pack all your heavier items into a large bag that is easy to carry around, so you don’t have to carry everything heavy on you. Storage, size, and mobility are essential while traveling.
Use thin bags made of jute or paper to organise all your clothes and other items. Roll or compress your clothing and toiletries to fit them into smaller space. Sweaters, jackets, blankets, pillows, and thick pants can be shortened to save space while traveling.
What you should carry in your main luggage:
- Sweaters/ jackets/ rainwear
- Five extra t-shirts than what you would originally carry (for emergencies in rain/snow/sand/sweat)
- Long sleeved clothing to protect you from sunburn and dehydration
- Socks/ gloves/ mitts
- Passport copies/ Visa copies
- Copies of hotel bookings
- Copies of all prescription medicines and Doctor’s recommendations for alternative medication
- Travel and medical insurance copies
- Umbrellas (for sun or rain)
- Pain killers, you can buy co-codamol online for a quick delivery if necessary
- Sunglasses/ reading glasses with cases
- Scarves/ hats/ bandanas/ gloves
- Footwear – sandals/boots/sneakers/running shoes/ slippers/party shoes (pack these in plastic bags without any dirt on the soles)
- Chargers of all electronic items you want to carry with extra batteries
- Travel pillows/eye masks/ ear plugs
- Locks for all luggage and bags/ cable ties
- a good pillow, look for pillows best for side sleepers these tend to be the thinnest and best for travelling
Toiletries should be carried in smaller sizes to save on space. Ensure that all toiletries are in plastic bags or sealed tightly to avoid spills. Carry toothbrush, toothpaste, combs, hair ties, safety razors, shaving foam, nail clippers, tweezers, scissors, shampoo and conditioner, sunscreen with minimum SPF 15, moisturiser, hygiene products, contact lens solutions with the case, prescription medication, makeup remover, earbuds, and cotton swabs.
If you’re traveling internationally, check the vaccinations required for that country before you visit. Get all your vaccines in advance and carry proof of documentation for health professionals at Customs.
Carry prescription medicines with the original note from the doctor. Apart from these, carry painkillers, flu medicines, laxatives, medicine for stomach aches, diarrhoea, flu, cold and cough, and motion sickness. If you have a breathing condition, carry your inhalers and altitude medicines. Apart from these, essentials are eye drops, multivitamins, thermometer, sunburn cream, sleeping medications, and hand sanitisers.
Your carry-on bag should always be with you. In your carry-on bag, keep headphones, mobiles, laptops, cameras, adapters, extra batteries, sunglasses with case, an additional t-shirt, socks, and a torchlight for emergencies. Keep your passport and maps with you as added precautions. If you are going sightseeing, carry copies of your passport and visas along with medical insurance. Always maintain space for your wallet, credit and debit cards, spare cash, foreign currency, and water bottles. For additional security, a money pouch, undercover bra, neck wallet, bag lock, or leg lock should suffice.
Wherever you go, ensure to carry some books, stock your music player or phone with music, and keep your online viewing subscriptions active. Use this checklist to pack in a neat and organized manner so that you can travel worry-free. Remember to respect foreign customs and traditions and make the most of your trip!
Sleeping bags are very convenient to use when you are car camping. Whether you are going to spend the night in a tent or the wilderness, your sleeping back can protect you from the elements, bugs and keep you warm and comfortable.
Here are some tips that will help you pick the best sleeping bag:
- The temperature rating is the first factor to consider. Sleeping bags are usually divided into 3 categories according to the season. Most of them will feature a minimum temperature, above which the bag will keep the sleeper warm.
- The shape of the sleeping bag can affect how warm it is. The less space you have inside the bag, the warmer you will feel. Rectangular sleeping bags are roomy so they are more suitable for the warm weather. Tapered or barrel-like bags can double as backpacks and are warmer than the rectangular ones.
- Synthetic insulation is cheap and very durable. It dries fast and warms very well, but rather difficult to pack. Goose down insulation can be easily compressed but is more expensive.
Picking the right sleeping bag will allow you to enjoy your time to the maximum. All you have to do is to compare various products until you find the one that works best for you.
Are you still wondering whether you should get on a plane? It is definitely time to explore the world. If you are not yet convinced, here are the top 5 benefits of travelling:
- It improves your personal and social skills. You become more of a people’s person as you step out of your comfort zone and deal with different people. You will also experience an improvement in your communication skills.
- It is the best way to overcome stress. You get the chance to leave everything behind and explore the world.
- It helps you learn more about yourself. As you experience rather challenging and new situations, you get to know more about what you want in life.
- It makes you become more adaptive. Things don’t usually go as planned when you are on a trip. Traveling will teach you how to cope.
- It is the best chance to make unforgettable memories. These memories will not only live in your pictures and videos, but they will forever have their special place in your heart.
So what are you still waiting for? The world is calling for you. Take your first step and embrace its beauty.
Have you ever wished to explore the world but just couldn’t afford it? You are not alone. A lot of travel lovers don’t have the chance to pursue their passion because of the cost of travelling. Even if you can save on ticket money and accommodation, quitting your job and exploring the world with nothing but a backpack is not for the faint of the heart.
A lot of people think that making money while travelling sounds too good to be true. It is not easy, but quite doable if you know where to start. Travel bloggers usually quit their regular jobs when they decide to explore the world. Whether it is a phase or what you want to do for the rest of your life, you can still make some cash while gaining experience and meeting new people.
Here are some ideas that most travel bloggers use to secure money while they are travelling.
- Work on your social media presence. Before you can make money while travelling, you will have to spend money and effort on your online persona. People want to feel that you are an expert. This applies to future sponsors and readers.
- Consider paid marketing campaigns. Contact various service providers and offer to market for their products and services if they can pay for your trip. These will include airlines, restaurants, and luggage and clothing manufacturers. Don’t go overboard with it. Take it slow and soon enough, clients will be approaching you.
- Think about affiliate marketing. This is some kind of passive income that you don’t have to worry about. All you have to do is to set it up once and the money will keep on coming on its own. Work on building your website to guarantee enough traffic that would generate a good amount of income.
- Work as a freelancer. You don’t have to stick to a certain place to write a column in an online blog or magazine. You can also post your live videos from all over the world. Sponsors would want to be mentioned in one of them. Write about your travel experience. People would love to read about your adventures at different destinations.
- Sell your photographs. A picture speaks more than a thousand words. Enrich your social media content with epic pictures taken at various destinations. Soon enough, agencies and websites will be asking for your permission and paying for your pictures.
- You can work as a consultant or mentor. When you travel to different countries, you become some sort of expert who knows how to deal with different people. Set up your own workshops on essex tree services, or seminars about dealing with cultural differences, exploring the world, and helping refugees. It takes time but soon you will have your fans who are going to book your workshops in advance.
There is so much that you can do if you like travelling. Just think about what you do best and you’ll be able to come up with something. You might not get it right at first but we live to learn, don’t we?